Vessel Repair and Maintenance Foreman
ULGSTAFFING a subsidiary of NSC has an immediate opening for for a Vessel Repair and Maintenance Foreperson ~ This position is a Direct Hire role and is located in Tacoma, WA.
$38 – $42 / hour to start
• Plans and projects personnel requirements for vessel repair and maintenance projects.
• Ensures all employees are properly supervised and have all the necessary tooling, equipment, specifications, drawings, and procedures to properly accomplish their jobs.
• Monitors processes for continuous improvement and ensures the fullest support by all supervision.
• Able to read, comprehend, and articulate architectural drawings and schematics.
• Monitors trade/shop rework trends and implements corrective actions.
• Works with trades/shops to develop training plans and ensures all personnel, including temporary labor, have been properly trained.
• Responsible for trade performance to meet contract quality, safety, schedule, and budget performance.
• Advises on estimates, progressing, and cost data.
• Must be familiar with working in a ship repair environment and be able to go aboard vessels, climb ladders, work in tanks and confined spaces, and wear PPE as these areas can be dirty, dusty, hot or cold, and noisy.
• In-depth knowledge in all facets pertaining to weld repairs of vessels.
• Working knowledge of estimating procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Associate level degree plus 2 years directly related experience or 5 years directly related ship building/ship repair experience in a supervisory role.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com