Job location: Tucson, AZ
Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding client specific post-closing quality initiatives, practices, procedures and systems.
Perform secondary level audits per investor and/or concerned regulatory agencies.
• To provide a rigorous independent evaluation of the quality of our vendor’s review work.
• Identify loan deficiencies and evaluate the risk grade on each file reviewed.
• Escalate files with suspected fraud or misrepresentation issues for further review by the Risk team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of FHA, Conventional and VA underwriting guidelines
• Ability to communicate loan level issues clearly through concise, but explanatory narrative
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Windows based computer applications including Word and Excel
• Function independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of all federal, state, local compliance regulations to include: Truth in lending, Equal Credit Opportunity laws
• Familiarly with TRID, Initial and Final CD’s, COC’s and loan closing documentations
• Minimum of three (3) years in the mortgage banking industry.
• Conventional, FHA and VA loan experience is required.
• Processing experience and or underwriting experience
• High school diploma or GED