Job Title: Tig Welder
Salary: $19-$27.00 per hour
- Manufacture and fabricate finished metal products to print using a TIG welder
- Follow blueprints to meet product specifications and stay within tolerances.
- Follows required procedures and uses appropriate jigs and fixtures to assist in the welding/assembly process.
- Align parts to match drawings and hold exact tolerances, secure welds of maximum strength with minimum distortion.
- Follow plan for welding sequences, select electrode type and size as well as set/regulate current/voltage for proper
- penetration and fusion in order to accommodate for the thickness and type of material.
- Required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as assigned by his or her supervisor such as inventory parts, run a press
- brake, mill, shear, press, turret, MIG welder and ensure work is done safely, and in a timely manner while holding tight
- tolerances and ensuring all parts meet quality standards.
- Responsible for maintaining his/her work area safe, neat and clean through-out the day and before leaving for the day.
- Responsible to wear all personal protection equipment provided by the company and as required by the job/area.
- Fill out and turn in, all required production, manufacturing / productivity reports paperwork on a daily basis, as defined
- by the production Supervisor.
- Able to work overtime as needed, including Saturdays.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Must be able to produce satisfactory welds on without using filler rod on 16- gauge stainless steel.
- Must possess the ability to read blue- prints and weld within tolerances
- Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Able to set up and use: calipers, measuring tape, square, ruler, grinders, sanders, band saw, drill, mill, press,
- micrometers, clamps, fixtures and other hand tools as needed
- Proficiency with grinding and finish work
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
- listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Must be able to MIG weld.
- Able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, motivated to make good use of his/her time while using TIG welder to assemble/fabricate metal products in
- an efficient/safe manner, cleans and maintains an orderly work area to maximize production without jeopardizing
- anyone’s safety. This requires operating the equipment in a safe manner and reporting hazards associated with the
- equipment or its operators to Supervisor, the Safety Representative, and Maintenance Department.
- Good communication skills relative to supervisor and other related departments must read and write in English in order
- to fill out daily reports.
- The ability to squat, stand, stoop bend down, for long periods of time as well as lift, push, pull a minimum of 75lbs.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT, Carlos Peralta, Recruiter
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.