Support/Firewatch Level 1-3401
Now Hiring Firewatch / General Laborer
This position is responsible for fire prevention and fire protection at the assigned work site. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
This positiion is for 2nd shift
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Read and comprehend basic instructions and general correspondence in English.
2. Be able to clearly communicate verbally in English to warn others of fire or other danger.
3. Understand the hazards associated with fixed and portable fire protection systems and the
manner in which the systems are activated.
4. Understanding of proper use and care of fixed and portable fire protection systems.
5. Understand the Shipyard Competent Person Report, and where to find it.
6. Know the types of fire, the materials involved, and the type of fire extinguisher needed to
suppress the fire.
7. Possess a FireWatch training card.
8. Be able to wear clothing appropriate for the task. No exposed jewelry shall be worn while
working. Finger nails shall be short. Long hair shall be worn in pony tail or wrapped for
protection and should not interfere with hard hat. Ability to wear PPE, especially respirators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Have Fire Watch Training card with them at all times in the shipyard.
2. Carry out Fire Watch procedures to protect personnel and customer and BAE property from fire
3 . Ensure that designated hot work area is clean and free of combustible materials before hot work
4. Keep your work area clean and safe at all times, especially at the end of the shift.
5 . Warn other personnel of danger, or to evacuate, by verbal or other prearranged method of
6. Show initiative and ownership of work and work area.
7. Adhere to all safety rules and good work ethics. Be accountable for completion of work
8. Arrive at the designated work site at the assigned time. End the shift as directed by the schedule
and your supervisor or journeyman.
9. Work shifts and overtime as assigned the supervisor.
10. Comply with OSHA standards and BAE best safety practices. Must be physically and medically
capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as
prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes,
goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
11. Comply with the Company’s “Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy” which expects
that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be businesslike and free of bias,
prejudice, and harassment.
Work Tasks Include:
a) Ensure that designated hot work area is clean and free of combustible materials before hot work
b) Carry an appropriately rated fire extinguisher to the assigned watch area. Make certain the fire
extinguisher is in operable shape and not discharged prior to allowing hot work to start.
c) Notify the person accomplishing the hot work if it is safe to proceed and when there is danger.
d) Suppress fires when they occur.
e) Report any uncorrected unsafe condition or working habits to the journeyman and supervisor.
f) Assist with the hot work procedure and audits process making certain hot work
notifications are in place and valid before hot work commences.
NSC Technologies offers
- Competitive pay
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Long term job opportunities
- Referral bonus if you qualify
- OSHA Training
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D