Support/Firewatch Level 1-3401
NSC Technologies is hiring Support / Firewatch for a project in Norfolk, Virginia. The ideal candidate must have 1-5 years of experience.
Essential Job Functions:
This position is responsible for fire prevention and protection at the assigned work site. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Comprehend basic instructions and general correspondence.
2. Be able to communicate verbally to warn others of fire or other danger.
3. Understand the hazards associated with fixed and portable fire protection systems and how the systems are activated.
4. Understanding proper use and care of fixed and portable fire protection systems.
5. Understand the Shipyard Competent Person Report and find it.
6. Know the types of fire, the materials involved, and the kind of fire extinguisher needed to suppress the fire.
7. Possess a Fire Watch training card.
8. Be able to wear clothing appropriate for the task. No exposed jewelry shall be worn while working. Fingernails shall be short. Long hair shall be worn in a ponytail or wrapped for protection and should not interfere with a hard hat—the ability to wear PPE, especially respirators.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Have Fire Watch Training card with them at all times in the shipyard.
2. Carry out Fire Watch procedures to protect personnel, customers, and BAE property from fire damage.
3. Ensure that the designated hot work area is clean and free of combustible materials before hot work commences.
4. Keep your work area clean and safe, especially at the end of the shift.
5. Warn other personnel of danger or to evacuate by verbal or other prearranged methods of communication.
6. Show initiative and ownership of work and work area.
7. Adhere to all safety rules and good work ethics. Be accountable for the completion of work assignments.
8. Arrive at the designated work site at the assigned time. End the shift as directed by the schedule and your supervisor or journeyman.
9. Work shifts and overtime as assigned by the supervisor.
10. Comply with OSHA standards and BAE best safety practices. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) needed for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes a hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
11. Comply with the Company’s Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy which expects that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be businesslike and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE: (May be required to demonstrate any or all requirements.)
1. Lift/push/pull 75 lbs occasionally (0-33% of the day).
2. Lift/push/pull up to 20 – 30 lbs frequently (34-66% of the day).
3. Perform prolonged standing (2-3 hours). Bend, squat, crouch, crawl and kneel.
4. Climb safely (climbing stairs, scaffolding, ladders, and ramps).
5. Work at various levels and positions (ex., Waist, eye, above head). 6. Good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles.
7. Sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment.
8. Access work areas through 18 x 36 openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods (33-66% of the day).
9. Respond to visual, verbal, and audible sounds/commands.
10. Work at heights above 12 from ladders, scaffolding, and man lifts.
11. Fully extend the arm while reaching overhead, reaching out to the side, and reaching down.
12. Perceive attributes of an object/material such as size, shape, temperature, and texture through receptors in the hands and fingers.
13. Turn head from side to side and about vertically. Turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis.
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that places qualified, skilled, technical, and professional talent in virtually any market. We are experts in creating custom staffing solutions that fit the needs of any size business. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success.
NSC Technologies offers:
• Competitive pay
• Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
• Long-term job opportunities
• Referral bonus if you qualify
• OSHA Training
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long-term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States. Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com.
NSC Technologies is a drug-free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D