Structural Welder – 1Q22
NSC Technologies is currently hiring a Specialty Welder in Norfolk, Virginia. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience as an Alum, CuNi, Stainless, or Tig.
Essential Job Functions:
Must pass the Alum, CuNi, Stainless, or TIG weld test. This position is responsible for welding pipe of various metals on a ship or in a shop to support mechanical repairs and modernization of marine vessels, including US Naval, Military Sealift Command, and commercial ships. The journeyman welder is also responsible for providing direction to assigned helpers. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Must comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
3. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must effectively confer job-related information such as conditions found by writing condition reports that include recommended corrective action.
5. Must have a thorough knowledge of SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW theory.
6. Must be able to certify in P-3 joint with a permanent backing ring and P-14 socket weld joint:
3. FCAW OR
4. Silver Brazing
7. Must interpret drawings, specifications, and Navy/MSC/ABS standard items and manuals.
8. Must possess a working knowledge of equipment and work processes used in marine pipe welding.
9. Must operate and care for welding equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
10. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
11. Must have four (4) years of pipe welding experience.
NSC is an innovative staffing firm specializing in placing qualified, skilled, technical, and professional talent in virtually any market. We are experts in creating custom staffing solutions that fit the needs of any size business. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success.
NSC Technologies offers :
• Competitive pay
• Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
• Long term job opportunities
• Referral bonus if you qualify
• OSHA Training
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long-term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States. Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com
NSC Technologies is a drug-free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D