ULGStaffing a subsidiary of NSC has immediate openings for 1st Class Welders with NAVSEA in Bremerton WA.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PURPOSE (Job Description)
The Welders are responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications safely, with the highest quality and in a professional manner.
POSITION DEMANDS (Education/Training/Experience)
- Possesses standard tools for a welder.
- Able to work different shifts.
- Must have good knowledge of ship board spaces.
- Must have knowledge of weld symbols.
- Must pass HY-80 Pipe Test 6G (SMAW)
- Must pass Flux-core HY 80 test.
- Must pass Aluminum Plate test.
- Tack weld 11018 (SMAW).
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to safely hook up and operate a torch.
- Must have knowledge of WAFs
- Must be able to follow instructions and work well with others.
- Assures that tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met.
- Assures that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written.
- Assures that a Work Authorization Form (WAF) ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished, no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs.
- Assures that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished
- Assures that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to do
- Assures that you and personnel working under your direction are working as safely and as productively as possible maintaining quality control at all times.
- Assures that a 30 minute cool down period has been accomplished in hot work areas.
- Assures that fire watches are assigned and maintained in the proper position.
- Assures that the job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
- Assures that personnel have work package and the necessary drawings, technical manuals, or specifications required for them to adequately accomplish their work assignments.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.