Shipyard Safety (SEA)
ULGSTAFFING a subsidiary of NSC has immediate openings for Shipyard Safety Laborer in Seattle, WA.
Monday – Friday
6am – 230pm
$20 – $22 / hour DOE
This position is supporting the safety department within the shipyard. The right candidate will show a high sense of safety awareness, and preferably has shown safety demonstration in previous positions.
The right candidate will have the opportunity for advancement.
- Performs various physical duties as assigned
- Maintains all safety standards
- Performs some specialized tasks which may require on-the-job training
- Moving tools, safety equipment, or other material as directed
- Assist with air monitoring and other environmental tasks
- Other safety tasks as assigned by the Safety Lead
- May also support manufacturing laborer when required
Required Skills & Abilities
- Ability and desire to learn
- Positive CAN-DO Attitude
- 1+ year of safety experience ~ preferably in a Shipyard environment
- Knowledge in standard practices in comparable environments
- Follows directions and procedures under limited supervision
- Conducts basic problem-solving skills under supervision
- Ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Detail oriented and alert at all times to ensure safety
- OSHA 10 Maritime Certificate (Training available)
- Ability to gain clearance to Navy vessels
Position requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, crawling, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, overhead work, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Must be able to work in tight, confined spaces, such as accessing manholes, and awkward positions for long periods of time. Must be able to conduct inside and outside work in all temperatures.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com or call 425-412-4227
At ULGSTAFFING our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
ULGSTAFFING is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
ULGSTAFFING is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
ULGSTAFFING is a drug free company. ULGSTAFFING is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.