Shipfitter (Seattle – Locals Only)
ULGStaffing a subsidiary of NSC has immediate openings for 1st Shipfitters with NAVSEA in Seattle WA.
The Shipfitters are responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications safely, with the highest quality and in a professional manner.
Pay: $30-32 LOCALS ONLY
POSITION DEMANDS (Education/Training/Experience)
- Must have dependable transportation.
- Access to local bases.
- Must know all of the 1st and 2nd class requirements
- Must be able to safely operate a torch in all positions.
- Must be able to bevel plate edges and TAOs using the correct joint design
- Must be able to complete work with little to no guidance from a supervisor
- Must have minimum 5 years of experience working on ships
- Basic knowledge of standard items is required.
- Basic knowledge of shop equipment is required.
- Must have knowledge of WAFs
- Assures that tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met.
- Assures that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written.
- Assures that a Work Authorization Form (WAF) ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished, no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs.
- Assures that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished (Example: special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc).
- Assures that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to do Assures that you and personnel working under your direction are working as safely and as productively as possible maintaining quality control at all times.
- Assures that the job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
- Assures that personnel have work package and the necessary drawings, technical manuals, or specifications required for them to adequately accomplish their work assignments.
- Must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship to access shipyard
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com
At ULG our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
ULG is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
ULG is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
ULG is a drug free company. ULG is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.