NSC Technologies has immediate openings for a Shipfitter to support the Norfolk Ship Repair location. 5 plus years of related to support the Norfolk Ship Repair new construction or repair experience.
• Template creation
• Working with presses, floor shaping, forming plates, shaping from templates, marking symbols, doors, hatches and scuttles, rolls, presses and blacksmith shop
• Laying out blueprints and outfitting items
• Laying out blueprints, checking and fitting materials, tack welding of various sub-assemblies peculiar to the panel line and shell area such as decks, bulkheads, side shells
• Working on ship ways with the erection of units and installation of structural items
• Installation of structural outfit items, doors, ladders, foundations
• Effective sequencing of assembly and fitting
• Correct use of heating torches in plate heat straightening and shrinkage
• Ability to use hand and power tools
• Shop and field fabrication
• Adherence to industry codes, regulations, and specifications
• Comprehend blueprints, sketches, and templates
• Tack welding
• Install simple systems without templates and blueprints
• Bulkhead and deck inserting
• Riveted and deck inserting
• Read and understand the Chemist and Competent Persons report and determine if job sites, particularly those involving combustible material, are safe for personnel and hot work
• Other duties as assigned
• Understand and act upon instruction
• Work independently to complete responsibilities
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 5 or more years' experience in shipyard repair work.
• Technical training preferred
• Willing and capable of working on government and commercial vessels
• Enter and move through manholes to reach and work internally confined spaces
• OSHA 10 card in hand
• Must pass Shop 414 Fitter Test prior to orientation
At NSC Technologies our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
• Competitive pay
• Medical Coverage *
• Dental *
• Vision *
• Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Training and Career Growth Opportunities
• The chance to be a part of an amazing team
* To qualified individuals.
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.