Sheetmetal Fitter Journeyperson-2303
NSC Technologies is currently hiring Inside Machinist for a project in Norfolk Virginia Area. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of have 3-5 years’ experience as a Inside Machinist.
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. We are experts in creating custom staffing solutions that fit the needs of any size business. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success.
- This position is responsible for performing, with minimal supervision, sheet metal repairs and installation on maritime vessels such as Navy Ships, Military Sealift Command ships, and commercial vessels.
- Repairs and installation include shipboard and shop tasks required to plan, layout, fabrication, and assemble various sheetmetal structures throughout the ship.
- The position requires a comprehensive understanding of ship terminology, blueprint reading, measurements, and the ability to interpret job specifications and drawings.
1. Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Must have a comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
3. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must possess the ability to write comprehensive Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
5. Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the structural supervisor, improvers, and helpers.
6. Must be able to read and interpret structural drawings, sketches, and specifications.
7. Must be able to interpret appropriate sections of NAVSEA, ABS, Coast Guard standards and manufacturers tech manuals.
8. Must have experience repairing and installing shipboard habitability spaces including: berthing equipment; galley equipment; ventilation ducting (heating and cooling); and joiner doors in accordance with drawings, specifications, and sketches.
9. Must understand the principle of balancing air systems including taking proper readings and documenting the results.
10. Must have experience using hand and power tools and understand the operation of fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls and routers.
11. Must have experience tack welding using SMAW or GMAW.
12. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
Six (6) years of related experience, three (3) of which were in the maritime environment.
NSC Technologies offers
- Competitive pay
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Long term job opportunities
- Referral bonus if you qualify
- OSHA Training
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D