LOCATION: Tucson, AZ
PAY RATE: $38/Hour
DURATION: 1 year Contract opportunity with possible extension (NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE)
Job Opportunity: Scientist
Responsible for initiating, directing and executing scientific research, development and manufacturing process strategies to support new and existing products.
Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems.
Plans and executes laboratory research.
Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories.
Makes contributions to scientific literature and conferences.
Serves as an in-house and outside consultant.
May act as a spokesperson for corporate scientific affairs and advise top management.
Participates in development of patent applications.
Promotes and participates in the professional development of scientists and laboratory facilities.
ses professional concepts to contribute to the development of product or process principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
- Conducts research and development activities for products, methods and/or processes.
- Projects are assigned with defined scope and goals.
- Direction is provided by more senior scientists, management or project leader.
- Participates in efforts to define new components, products or processes and identify technical challenges.
- Makes suggestions to improve work processes.
- Creates potentially patentable components for systems, reagents or processes.
- Plans and executes assigned projects; utilizes thorough technical and theoretical understanding of numerous techniques.
- Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and provides/implements process or document improvements.
- Applies advanced scientific knowledge to projects.
- Executes experiments; participates in experimental design.
– Utilizes DOE where appropriate.
- Participates in cross functional technical team activities.
- Shares knowledge and expertise with others.
- Participates in project planning, process updates and contributes to experimental design.
- Prepares and delivers presentations of project results to own or other groups.
– Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Strong understanding of scientific principles and concepts.
– Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents.
Skills Needed = Experience with Tissue Diagnostics. Strong follow up skills (get new requests for help every day). Experience with Medical Device or Pharma regulations (will be responsible for handling exception events ie. testing failures).
Formal Training/Education and Experience: Ph.D. degree in Science, entry level, or Master's degree with 3+ years, or Bachelors with 8 years relevant experience. If degree is in a non-scientific field Executive Committee approval is required.
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing people’s lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously.
The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com.