To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired. The individual must have working knowledge of procedures, strong mechanical aptitude and ability, and be able to follow directions. The individual must possess experience in the trade; knowledge of ship terminology, blueprint reading, job specifications and manuals. Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision. Must be willing to work with and train subordinates.
Must comply with Company safety rules and OSHA standards. Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment as prescribed under OSHA standards.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
Technically proficient in tasks, work processes, and equipment operation.
Accountable for completion of daily work assignments including the completion and signatures for work completion and quality.
Creates a working environment for compliant with quality, safety, environmental, and health regulations and policies.
Thorough knowledge of equipment used in rigging operations, included but not limited to lifting and moving equipment.
Knowledge of rigging testing requirements, proper set up and operation of equipment.
Selects cables, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
Attaches pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams and ceilings with bolts and clamps.
Attaches load with lifting devices such as wires, nylon straps and chains to crane hook.
Gives directions to crane operator engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handled.
Sets up cranes hoisting equipment. Safe handling of anchors and chains. Lowers, handles and tests lifeboats.
Tests ships cranes using various rigging. Ability to interpret all crane load charts and blueprints.
Ability to work any assigned shift and ability to work assigned overtime. May be assigned tasks outside craft as required.
Must comply with the Company’s “Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy” which expects that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be business like and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must complete practical demonstration of skills listed above.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations before customers, clients, or employees of organization.
The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals in U.S. and metric conversions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems that may arise in certain situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Must be able to tour all vessels, piers, docks and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Specific requirements include the following:
1. Lift/push/pull 50 lbs to 100 lbs on an occasional basis (0-33% of the day).
2. Lift/push/pull up to 20 lbs on a frequent basis (34-66% of the day).
3. Demonstrate the ability to bend, squat crouch, crawl and kneel.
4. Demonstrate the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing, includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders and ramps).
5. Perform prolonged standing (2-3 hours).
6. Able to work at a variety of levels (ex. Waist, eye, above head).
7. Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment.
8. Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles.
9. Posses sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment.
10. Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards.
11. Ability to withstand extreme temperatures (cold and hot).
12. Ability to enter 18” x 36” openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time (33-66% of the day).
13. Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands.
14. Able to utilize adequate visual skills.
15. Ability to work at heights above 12’ while working from ladders, scaffolding and/or manlifts.
16. Ability to fully extend the arm while reaching overhead, reaching out, reaching to the side and reaching down.
17. Ability to perceive attributes of an object/material such as size, shape, temperature and texture by means of receptors in the hands and fingers. 18. Ability to turn head from side to side and about on the vertical axis.
19. Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Call (904)372-0314
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.