Research Associate I
LOCATION: Tucson, AZ
PAY RATE: $21/hr
DURATION: 2 Year Contract opportunity (Can be extended up to 3 years)
Job Opportunity: Research Associate
Responsible for conducting research, development and manufacturing laboratory experimentation and other scientific activities to support our client’s projects.
Exercises technical expertise and discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies.
Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
Presents and discusses results of experiments within department and project team.
Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and may participate in conferences and professional societies.
Follows company policies and procedures for GMP, GLP, Design Control and others as appropriate. Maintains complete and accurate laboratory documentation and electronic files.
May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
– Executes laboratory experiments; makes detailed observations and analyzes data.
– Prepares technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses.
– Maintains complete and accurate records.
– Normally receives detailed directions on all work.
– Makes suggestions to improve work processes.
– Assists in reducing to practice patentable inventions.
– Works on projects of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
– Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
– May participate in cross functional technical team activities.
– Presents and discusses data within group.
– Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
– Knows basic and some specialized laboratory techniques.
– Familiar with searching scientific literature.
– Skilled with use of word processing, spreadsheets, graphical and presentation software applications. Skills and experience on immunohistochemistry and histology, molecular biology (e.g. PCR, NGS, bioinformatics), brightfield and fluorescence microscopy, image processing, image analysis, computer programming and data analysis are highly desirable.
– Requires Bachelor degree in Science, e.g. molecular biology, chemistry, bioengineering, computer science, etc. Experience: – Entry level.
FOR IMMEIDATE CONSIDERTATION EMAIL RESUME TO LILYR@STAFFMATTERSINC.COM AND CALL 520-918-0246
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing people’s lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously.
The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com.