Staff Matters, LLC a subsidiary of NSC has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer in Tucson, Arizona.
Job Title: Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer is responsible for the quality assurance of all products, quality system management, and manufacturing process quality and customer problem resolution. The MQE is also responsible for supporting continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for product design reviews and mold transfer process.
- Resolution of internal Automotive/CI/Medical component quality problems.
- Customer complaint cause and corrective action analysis.
- Customer on-site quality resolution and/or quality reviews.
- Specific production quality training for QA Auditors, IPI’s and MQT’s.
- Audit of injection molding processes against the Master Process & Control Plans.
- Development and maintenance of QAR (Quality Assurance Report) books.
- Manage Tucson quality assurance operations during QA Manager’s absence.
- Internal Audits, Customer Audits, and ISO/TS Audits.
- Assist in procedure development and/or maintenance, quality validation after mold repair, including capability studies, gauge R&R, first article reports, etc.
- ECN Approval for Automotive/Medical products.
- MRB disposition of components.
- Development and maintenance of the SPC database.
- Member of Internal Auditing Team.
- Develop measurement methods and design simple fixtures to enable accurate measurement of parts.
- Awareness and compliance to ISO 14000 requirements per company policies and procedures.
- Operate various inspection instruments and hand held gauges
- Engineering or Science degree desired, but will consider candidate’s work experience in the appropriate fields.
- Minimum of 5 years quality engineering experience, with specific experience in medical devices/components desirable.
- Strong measurement skills, including hands-on experience with calipers, micrometers, tool scopes, optical comparators and vision system.
- Computer literate in programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills necessary.
- Strong SPC knowledge and working experience, CMM experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in control plan development, product print and specification understanding, (understanding of Geometric Tolerancing).
- Customer interface experience.
- Knowledge of molding process and procedures.
- Experience in molded product quality control desired.
- FDA/ISO/TS quality system knowledge and experience necessary (any or all).
- ASQ certified Quality Auditor and/or Quality Engineer highly desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Other duties as may be required or requested.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT, Darrell Griffiths, Recruiter
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.