Project Manager IV
LOCATION: Tucson, AZ
PAY RATE: $68/hour
DURATION: 1 year contract (may be extended up to 3 depending on business need)
Job Opportunity: Project Manager IV
This highly collaborative and hands-on role is responsible for planning, overseeing, and leading moderately complex quality-related projects through to completion. This position is accountable for developing and maintaining project plans and timelines; communicating status to senior management, project stakeholders, and the project team; and leading efforts to define, develop, and implement change management activities related to the project.
- Develop and directs detailed work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Coordinate and manage timelines and resources to ensure project or improvement deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Identifies gaps, potential bottlenecks or delays, challenges assumptions and proposes innovative options to close gaps and get projects back on schedule.
- Prepares, facilitates, and provides status updates to senior management, project stakeholders, and the project team. Communicates issues proactively.
- Manages meetings to include setting agendas, organizing meeting time and meeting minutes.
- Defines, develops and implements change management activities including communications; stakeholder engagement and management; and developing, coordinating, and/or conducting training.
- Education: Bachelors’ Degree in science, engineering or business administration
- 8 Years project management, product development and/or relevant experience.
- Successfully anticipates issues or challenges and proactively addresses them without being specifically directed.
- Comfortable managing groups with no direct authority over contributing team members.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Effectively adjusts communication style to align with all levels of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management, facilitation, and change management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, build, and maintain schedules for projects with ambitious milestones.
- Exercises sound business judgement and has ability to escalate and successfully drive management decisions.
- Proficient use of project management or task tracking software: SmartSheet, Jira, etc.
- Diagnostic, Medical Device, and/or Pharmaceutical industry knowledge, specifically in understanding Quality Systems regulations and processes, preferred.
- Project Management specific training and/or certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to deliver assignments on time
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing people’s lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously.
The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com.