Project Manager I
I have included some specifics below:
LOCATION: Tucson, AZ
PAY RATE: $29/hour
DURATION: 1 year Contract opportunity
Job Opportunity: Project Manager
Supports with operational aspects of ongoing projects in various departments and serves as a liaison between project teams and the Project Management staff. This position requires specialized knowledge and skills in the functional areas and cross functional collaboration within and outside the company (vendors, consultants etc) for the successful completion of assigned projects, including scope definition, design specification, project plan development, implementation, and validation. Interfaces with project management and other functional areas within the company as required for timely completion of assigned projects thereby contributing towards expediting the overall product development and commercialization cycle. Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
- Assists with and manages in scope definition, design specifications, project plan development and maintenance, implementation, and validation of the assigned projects.
- Interfaces with internal and external resources to support timely completion of projects.
- Contributes to projects with knowledge of quality principles and regulations.
- Set agendas, schedules and attends meetings, takes notes and tracks action items upon request or for the projects assigned to manage.
- Maintains project management software to manage time and resources, schedules meetings, tracks identified activities relating to product development and facilitates communication between various groups throughout the organization. Creates standard and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Makes appropriate recommendations to management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Demonstrates successful problem solving and coordination of project related activities.
– Written and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of MS Project and MPM.
– Previous experience with standard project management process (PMI) desired.
– Strong negotiation and meeting facilitation skills required.
– Diagnostic and/or Pharmaceutical industry and relevant diagnostic area knowledge preferred.
– Management of complex projects with ambitious milestones in high pressure circumstances.
– Experience with projects that required activity/milestone achievement to launch the product.
– Experience of challenging management in relation to data and resources.
- Good understanding of the Diagnostic Design Control process preferred.
(1) Familiarity with Project Plan, Word, Excel (should be advance users)
(2) Clinical research experience
(3) Work experience in a regulated environment (knowledge of US and Intl Regulations).
(4) Experience with Clinical Trial and Design Control
Associate’s Degree in business administration, life science, engineering OR equivalent combination of education and experience (3 years of combination of education and/or experience)
3 years of relevant experience, OR Entry level with Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, life science, engineering.
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing people’s lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously.
The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com.