Polymer Production – Fiberglass
Job Title: Fiberglass Assembly
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
SUMMARY: The Fiberglass Assembly will safely control various machines and equipment involved in production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Operates production machinery in accordance with prints and specifications. Assigned machines may include lathes, grinders, mills, and similar equipment.
- Produces the required quantity of parts within established specifications and tolerances.
- Measures finished parts with precision tools, ensuring compliance with function, quality, and cosmetic specifications.
- Maintains logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces.
- Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure proper setup and alignment; performs basic and routine adjustments and maintenance.
- Sets up production machines following prints and specifications. Assigned machines may include lathes, grinders, mills, and similar equipment.
- Chooses, aligns, and securely attaches holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and other materials on machines.
- Applies knowledge of mathematics and instruments to calculate dimensions and tolerances.
- Identifies malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining; adjusts controls of machine to correct errors.
- Inspects and measures completed production units to identify defects caused by machine setup.
- Starts or restarts equipment after power outages or interruptions.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures.
Required Education and/or ExperienceHigh school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree OR completion of related apprenticeship program preferred.
- At least one year of related experience required.
- Completion of on-the-job training may be substituted for educational requirements.