Pipefitter Journeyperson Job Description (Local & Non-Local):
A pipefitter journeyman is responsible for removing, repairing, targeting, laying out, fabricating, installing, and testing marine piping systems such as Auxiliary Salt Water, Fire Main, Potable Water, Hydraulic, Compressed Air, Fuel Oil, Lube Oil, Engine Exhaust etc. in accordance with work item specifications, NAVSEA/Military standards and drawings or other regulatory body standards such as ABS, Military Sealift Command, etc. Repair and fabrication include the use of various shop equipment such as table saws, pipe threading machines, bending machines (power as well as hand operated), drill presses and brazing equipment. Additional tasks associated with this position include blanking and pressure testing of tanks (structural boundary testing). The journeyman is also responsible for providing direction to improvers and helpers as directed by the supervisor. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Must have a comprehensive knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
3. Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must be able to effectively confer job related information such as conditions found reports in writing that include recommended corrective action.
5. Must have a thorough knowledge of experience with P-73 joint fit-up.
6. Must have a comprehensive knowledge of Silver Brazing theory.
7. Must be able to certify in:
a. MT Braze (B-1)
b. MT Braze (B-2)
8. Must be able to interpret drawings, specifications, and Navy/MSC/ABS standard items and manuals.
9. Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of equipment and work processes used in marine pipe fabrication, repair, and targeting.
10. Must be able to operate and care for equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
11. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
12. Must have six (6) years of pipefitting experience, four (3) of which in the maritime repair environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide direction to a pipefitter Improver and Helper if assigned.
2. Arrive at the designated work site at the assigned time and end the shift as directed by the schedule and pipe shop supervisor.
3. Work shifts and overtime as assigned.
4. Be accountable for completion of daily work assignments.
5. Comply with OSHA standards and best safety practices.
6. Keep your work area clean and safe at all times, especially at the end of the shift.
7. Ensure the work site is ready for hot work before commencing hot work. Communicate with the Fire Watch and provide direction as necessary.
8. Provide quality work and Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) as required by the work specifications or assigned by the supervisor.
9. Comply with the Company’s “Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy” which expects that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be businesslike and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment.
10. Confer with the supervisor to resolve unexpected events related to your assigned task. Carry out written or oral instructions.
TWIC Badge Preferred
Day & Night Shifts Available
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: email@example.com
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.