NSC Technologies is currently hiring a Pipefitter Improver in Norfolk, Virginia. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience as a Pipefitter.
Essential Job Functions:
A pipefitter Improver is responsible, with some supervision, for removing, repairing, targeting, laying out, fabricating, installing, and testing marine piping systems such as Auxiliary Salt Water, Fire Main, Potable Water, Hydraulic, Compressed Air, Fuel Oil, Lube Oil, Engine Exhaust, etc. by work item specifications, NAVSEA/Military standards and drawings or other regulatory body standards such as ABS, Military Sealift Command, etc. Repair and fabrication include using various shop equipment such as table saws, pipe threading machines, bending machines (power and hand operated), drill presses, and brazing equipment. Additional tasks associated with this position include blanking and pressure testing of tanks (structural boundary testing). The Improver is also responsible for providing direction to helpers as directed by the supervisor. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Must be able to comprehend instructions and general correspondence.
2. Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
3. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) needed for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes a hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must effectively confer job-related information verbally and in writing, including recommended corrective action.
5. Must have a working knowledge of different types of joint fit-ups.
6. Must have a working knowledge of Silver Brazing theory.
7. Must be able to certify in:
a. MT Braze (B-1)
8. Must interpret specifications and Navy/MSC/ABS standard items and manuals.
9. Must possess a working knowledge of equipment and processes used in marine pipe fabrication, repair, and targeting.
10. Must operate and care for equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools to accomplish assigned work.
11. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
12. Must have four (4) years of pipefitting experience and two (2) in the maritime repair environment.
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that places qualified, skilled, technical, and professional talent in virtually any market. We are experts in creating custom staffing solutions that fit the needs of any size business. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success.
NSC Technologies offers :
• Competitive pay
• Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
• Long-term job opportunities
• Referral bonus if you qualify
• OSHA Training
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long-term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States. Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com.
NSC Technologies is a drug-free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D