Pipe Welder Journeyperson
This position is responsible for welding pipe of various metals on a ship or in a shop to support mechanical repairs and modernization of marine vessels including US Naval, Military Sealift Command, and commercial ships. The journeyman welder is also responsible for providing direction to assigned helpers.
The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
3. Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must be able to effectively confer job related information such as conditions found by writing condition reports that include recommended corrective action.
5. Must have a thorough knowledge of SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW theory.
6. Must be able to certify in P-3 joint with permanent backing ring, and P-14 socket weld joint:
- FCAW OR
- Silver Brazing
8. Must possess a working knowledge of equipment and work processes used in marine pipe welding.
9. Must be able to operate and care for welding equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
10. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
11. Must have four (4) years of pipe welding experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide direction to a pipe welding helper, if assigned, as needed to complete the assigned tasks.
2. Arrive at the designated work site at the assigned time and end the shift as directed by the schedule and pipe shop supervisor.
3. Work shifts and overtime as assigned. 4. Be accountable for completion of daily work assignments.
5. Comply with OSHA standards and BAE best safety practices.
6. Keep your work area clean and safe at all times, especially at the end of the shift.
7. Ensure the work site is ready for hot work before commencing hot work. Communicate with the Fire Watch and provide direction as necessary.
8. Provide quality work and Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) as required by the work specifications or assigned by the supervisor.
9. Comply with the Company’s “Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy” which expects that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be businesslike and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment.
10. Confer with the supervisor to resolve unexpected events related to your assigned task. Carry out written or oral instructions.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: email@example.com
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.