NSC Technologies is currently hiring an Outside Machinist / Millwright for a project in Norfolk, Virginia. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of years of experience as an Outside machinist or a Millwright.
Essential Job Functions:
This position is responsible for removing, installing, and testing main and auxiliary shipboard equipment, including but not limited to Main Reduction Gears (MRG), pumps, valves, hydraulic equipment, steam equipment, valves, propellers, bearings, etc., on maritime vessels, including US Navy, Military Sealift Command, and commercial. The work occurs in various stages of repair and modernization and requires the ability to operate different tools and machinery and read and comprehend specifications and drawings. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
1. Must comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Must have basic print (drawing) reading and interpretation skills.
3. Must have a working understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
4. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) needed for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes a hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
5. Must be able to write reports describing the ship's material condition as it pertains to the assigned work item and provide recommended corrective action.
6. Must work from Process Control Procedures (PCP).
7. Must be able to use precision measurement tools.
8. Must effectively confer job-related information to the structural supervisor and small groups and provide technical guidance to Helpers and Improvers.
9. Must have a basic understanding of drawings, sketches, tech manuals, and user manuals.
10. Must understand the NAVSEA standard items, especially 009-04 for tests, inspections, and checkpoints; 009-23 for interferences; and 009-24 for blanking and match marks.
11. Must have a comprehensive understanding of Lock-out / Tag-out procedures.
12. Must understand the proper and safe use and operation of the hand and power tools required to accomplish the work.
13. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system and the metric system.
14. Three (3) years of machinist experience, preferably one (1) in the maritime environment.
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that places qualified, skilled, technical, and professional talent in virtually any market. We are experts in creating custom staffing solutions that fit the needs of any size business. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success.
NSC Technologies offers :
• Competitive pay
• Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
• Long-term job opportunities
• Referral bonus if you qualify
• OSHA Training
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long-term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States. Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com.
NSC Technologies is a drug-free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D