ULGStaffing a subsidiary of NSC is looking for Outside Machinists with NAVSEA Experience in Bremerton, WA.
Pay ~ $23 / $125 per diem
- Must have 5 years of experience as a Shipyard Outside Machinist
- Must have own tool
- Understand shipboard and industrial safety requirements
- Have basic knowledge of NAVSEA standard items
POSITION DEMANDS (Required Experience)
- Ability to use process control procedures and controlled work packages
- Ability to measure flanges for correct blanks and hardware sizes
- Ability to differentiate between the different type and grades of hardware
- Remove and install valves using proper fasteners, gaskets, and torque procedures
- Use hand tools, torque wrenches, gages, potable machines, grinders, drills and power tools to perform work.
- Must be able to read blueprints and drawings
- Must demonstrate the knowledge of using inside/outside micrometers
- Perform pump and motor alignments
- Perform jobsite inspections prior to starting work noting all conditions found throughout the space and submit condition reports to supervisor
- Perform component and system testing in accordance with drawings, notes, technical manuals, and specifications.
- Assist other trades with installations of piping, foundations and components for mounting/installations of shipboard equipment and systems.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Regular reliable onsite attendance.
- Ability to identify parts, read tech manuals, spec items and blueprints.
- Ability to use and understand precision measuring instrument
- Have experience in machinery overhaul and installation and testing of all the following:
- Winches (Electric driven, Electro Hydraulic)
- Anchor Windless
- Steering Gear
- Air Compressors
- Pump and motor alignments
- Valve Repairs
- Diesel Engine Repairs
- Hydraulic Trouble shooting, repairs
- Reduction gear repairs
- Generator repairs
- Boat davit repairs
- Bearing fit-up & installation
- Gas turbine repairs
- Have Propulsion experience of the following:
- Shafting repairs and alignment, fixed and controllable pitch
- Propellers removed and installed
- Rudders repair and installed
- Tool Operation Requirements:
- Operator grinder, fixed and portable
- Operate drill presses, fixed and portable
- Fixed Presses
- Porta powers
- Hydraulic jacks
- Torches and Torque Wrenches
- Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of the job.
At ULGSTAFFING our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
ULGSTAFFING is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
ULGSTAFFING is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
ULGSTAFFING is a drug free company. ULGSTAFFING is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.