Mining Maintenance Planner
Job location: Kearny, Arizona
Maintenance planner's primary purpose is to plan and schedule all maintenance activities for the Process Maintenance Area (Mill/Filter Plant/Crushers/Tailings). This includes the development of detailed job plans, facilitates compliance with OEM specifications, identifies best practices and complies with safety and environmental policies.Job description:
- Prepare for and participate in weekly, monthly, and long-term project planning and scheduling meetings.
- Prepare for, participate in and/or lead Down Day Planning Meetings for appropriate area. Follow-up and report on Down Day progress with General Supervisor and Supervisors for appropriate areas (as per Down Day Schedule). Conduct and/or participate in Down Day Post Meetings to review and document issues, actions, learnings, etc.
- Develops spare parts list required for fixed plant and requests warehouse inventory to meet min/max levels to accommodate equipment lists.
- Uses a variety of software to complete daily activities such as SAP and MS Office products.
- Responsible for maintaining a detailed record of equipment condition and to manage a program of continual improvement and enhancement.
- Establishes repair priorities and prepares scheduled maintenance programs, equipment purchases, deliveries, and production requirements.
- Furnishes detailed documentation for planned work to be completed by outside contractors.
- Establishes weekly preventative maintenance schedules & reports weekly compliance of PM's.
- Establishes priorities and reviews maintenance backlogs and Front logs.
- Checks the accuracy of the equipment and component records in SAP.
- Maintain and assist in developing and/or reviewing standard jobs / task lists / safe work instructions, etc.
- Prioritize work orders in SAP Maintenance Management system.
- Identify, order and/or schedule resources required for planned tasks; including parts, equipment, materials, tools, procedures, documents and external resources, etc. Coordinate material and component deliveries and arrange for any special tools, equipment, drawings, and other needs prior to scheduled jobs commencing.
- Create Purchase Requisitions & Develop Material Catalog.
- Work with Process Maintenance General Supervisor, Supervisors and crews in field and ensures that critical controls for material risks are being correctly and uniformly applied and used by all teams. Work according to equipment strategies developed by Reliability Engineers, in addition to corrective work approved by Maintenance Supervisors.
- Make sure equipment servicing is scheduled in accordance with intervals and standards.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have good written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions in MS Office, and SAP experience is a plus.
- Sound understanding of MSHA, safety, and environmental regulations as they relate to work area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED with two years prior experience.
- Bachelor's Degree from 4-year college or previous experience (desirable).