ULGSTAFFING a subsidiary of NSC has an immediate opening for Marine Electrician in Seattle, WA. 1st Class Marine Electricians must have the ability to understand directions and follow instructions. Technically proficient in tasks, work processes, and equipment operation. Accountable for completion of daily work assignments, completion of work signatures, and QA signatures for completeness and quality of work.
Marine Electrician Job Requirement: (Travelers Welcome!)
• Consistently exceeds Journeyman standards.
• Troubleshoots advanced electrical systems and circuits. (e.g. multiple function systems)
• Coordinates with different crafts to complete assigned tasks.
• Responsible for doing some of his/her own planning.
• Tests equipment.
• Proper care and safe use of hand and power tools.
• Works from ship specifications, work orders and applicable working drawings and blueprints.
• Researches and suggests written comprehensive condition found reports (CFRs).
• Responsible for being conversant in ABS and Coast Guard regulations.
SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE:
• Communicates effectively, work independently or in a group.
• Ability to do basic math, i.e. add, subtract, divide and multiply.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
• Advanced knowledge of AC and DC electrical theory.
• Power generation, control and distribution.
• Trouble shooting electrical equipment.
• Use of test equipment.
• Blueprint reading and advanced layout.
• Electric motors and controls.
• Grounding and bonding.
• Cable – identification, size requirements and ampacity limits or where to find the information.
• Fabrication and installation of packing tubes, multiple cable transits, collars, conduit, and raceways.
• Conduit bending.
• Interior communications and alarms.
High school diploma or GED preferred. 4 years relevant work experience. Proven skills, work history and/or applicable education will be considered in lieu of work experience
Marine Electrician Testing Details
Candidate must complete written electrician knowledge test.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com
At ULGSTAFFING our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
• Medical Coverage
• Short- and long-term disability coverage
• Identity Theft Protection
• Legal Assistance
• Long Term Opportunities
• Training and Career Growth Opportunities
• The chance to be a part of an amazing team
ULGSTAFFING is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
ULGSTAFFING is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
ULGSTAFFING is a drug free company. ULGSTAFFING is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.