NSC has an immediate openings for Marine Electrician in Seattle, WA.
Marine Electrician Job Requirement:
• Consistently exceeds Journeyman standards.
• Troubleshoots advanced electrical systems and circuits. (e.g. multiple function systems)
• Coordinates with different crafts to complete assigned tasks.
• Responsible for doing some of his/her own planning.
• Tests equipment.
• Proper care and safe use of hand and power tools.
• Works from ship specifications, work orders and applicable working drawings and blueprints.
• Researches and suggests written comprehensive condition found reports (CFRs).
• Responsible for being conversant in ABS and Coast Guard regulations.
SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE:
• Communicates effectively, work independently or in a group.
• Ability to do basic math, i.e. add, subtract, divide and multiply.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
• Advanced knowledge of AC and DC electrical theory.
• Power generation, control and distribution.
• Trouble shooting electrical equipment.
• Use of test equipment.
• Blueprint reading and advanced layout.
• Electric motors and controls.
• Grounding and bonding.
• Cable – identification, size requirements and ampacity limits or where to find the information.
• Fabrication and installation of packing tubes, multiple cable transits, collars, conduit, and raceways.
• Conduit bending.
• Interior communications and alarms.
High school diploma or GED preferred. 4 years relevant work experience. Proven skills, work history and/or applicable education will be considered in lieu of work experience
Marine Electrician Testing Details
Candidate must complete written electrician knowledge test.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
Short- and long-term disability coverage
Identity Theft Protection
Long Term Opportunities
Training and Career Growth Opportunities
The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.