ULG Staffing a subsidiary of NSC has openings for on vessel Marine Electrician. These positions are Direct Hire roles, and will be at sea (between Alaska and Oregon), on vessel, for three months at a time, with a month off upon return to shore.
The Electricians are responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications safely, with the highest quality and in a professional manner.
POSITION DEMANDS (Education/Training/Experience)
- Must be familiar with the EPISM and follow the requirements.
- Must understand and practice the ISO9001-2008 standards.
- Must be familiar with and follow the procedures of Work Packages.
- Be able to accomplish both a Standard Item 009-16 and a 009-36 without supervision.
- Must be able to accomplish an electrical test with the proper technical documentation.
- Must be able to read and interpret government drawings.
- Must be able to be assigned to a job with all documentations and perform all the requirements including providing the Supervisor with all the information to write reports.
- Must be able to keep people productive in the absence of the supervisor.
- Must be able to identify unnecessary cost and keep them to a minimum.
- Must have knowledge of WAFs.
- Must be able to distinguish color code phasing (orange, brown, yellow, black, white and red).
- Assures that tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met. (Example: ventilation, lighting, safety equipment etc.).
- Assures that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written. (Example: fuel run back, unsafe working conditions, etc.).
- Assures that a Work Authorization Form (WAF) ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished, no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs.
- Assures that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished (Example: special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc).
- Assures that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to do (Example: JLG, forklift, welding, brazing, special electrical/mechanical repairs and etc.).
- Assures that you and personnel working under your direction are working as safely and as productively as possible maintaining quality control at all times.
- Assures that a 30 minute cool down period has been accomplished in hot work areas.
- Assures that fire watches are assigned and maintained in the proper position.
- Assures that the job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com
At ULG our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
ULG is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
ULG is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
ULG is a drug free company. ULG is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.