Job location: Tucson, AZ
3 years experience in food industry, inventory management, organizational abilities; safety awareness; health department certified for kitchens. ServSafe Certification a plus.
Clean driving record. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ.
Caring for guests can be physically demanding. The population we serve is typically in crisis.
- Establish and build healthy Christ-honoring relationships with guests, while maintaining professional boundaries including guest confidentiality
- Warmly greet all guests, including, but not limited to, visitors, volunteers, vendors, staff, donors; community groups, church groups and public officials
- Prepare, serve and supervise breakfast shifts
- Prepare & cook meals as directed by Kitchen Manager, in a timely manner
- Serve meals as directed by the Chef
- Help put food donations away in a timely manner
- Rotate stock in pantries & freezers as instructed by Chef
- Assure health department standards are being followed and interact with health department during their inspections when necessary
- Assist Chef & other duties assigned by Chef and Kitchen Supervisor
- Assist & oversee assigned volunteers (training, monitoring, evaluating, and general interaction)
- Assist with Food Bank donations
- Assist with kitchen cleaning and dish-washing
- Ability and willingness to cover other shifts as needed.
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Attend staff devotions, community meetings and staff meetings as directed by Chef