Journeyman Mechanic(Tug Mechanic)
ULGSTAFFING A SUBSIDIARY OF NSC has an immediate opening for an Journeyman Tug Mechanic in Portland OR.
Troubleshoots and repairs main and auxiliary engines, electrical AC & DC systems.
Maintains and performs upgrades to all phases of marine vessels and barge systems
Vessel Maintenance and Repair
- Performs preventative maintenance, repairs and upgrades to marine vessels and equipment in accordance with company standards and regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for the entering, updating, and maintaining of service records of the work performed on equipment and vessels into a computer-based maintenance record and Safety Management System.
- Ability to use a computer to perform Internet based research on how to perform repairs and source necessary parts.
- Assists in diagnostic evaluations of machinery.
- Performs repairs on barge equipment.
- Performs special duties and other projects as assigned.
- Adheres to all company policies.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Shoreside Equipment and Facilities Maintenance and Repair
- Maintains yard and shop equipment in accordance with company and applicable regulatory agencies standards.
- Maintains "safe workplace" standards up to and including reporting and correcting deficiencies.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to repair and operate a wide range of machinery including engines, winches, motors, and transmissions.
- Knowledge of operational theory of high-speed marine and industrial engines, both two and four cycle.
- Basic diagnostic and repair abilities with regard to marine subsystems such as pneumatic control systems, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and fuel systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in verbal and written form.
- Thorough understanding of equipment operation manuals, drawings, charts, graphs and blueprints.
- Ability to use computer to enter and maintain maintenance/service records into computers system.
- Basic typing and good keyboard computer skills
This position generally requires a high school diploma and at least five years of mechanical experience.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com or 425-412-4227.
ULG NSC Cares!
At ULG our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
ULG is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
ULG is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
ULG is a drug free company.
ULGSTAFFING A SUBSIDIARY OF NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.