Responsibilities include testing of company products following documented procedures to assure conformance to specifications and standards, completing written records of work done, and identifying and documenting non-conformances in piece parts, assemblies and test results. In addition, an Associate Technician must be able to effectively troubleshoot routine test failures to the subassembly level, consulting with more experienced technicians as needed. Responsibilities may also include assembly of company products.
– Reads and follows assembly drawings, test procedures and other written instructions.
– Strips and crimps wires, and assembles into electrical connectors.
– Identifies defects and non-conforming parts and performs in-process inspections.
– Completes appropriate manufacturing forms accurately, to include fan charts, hour/hour charts.
– Troubleshoots routine test failures to the subassembly level.
– Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
Associates degree in electronics, electrical engineering, or other technical field.
1-3 years related experience and/or training. OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Read and understand electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic schematics, assembly drawing and work procedures.
– Use of test equipment; for example, digital voltmeter and precision weight scale
– Use of hand tools; for example, screwdrivers, wrenches, nut-drivers and ruler
– Accurately recognize non-conforming test results
– Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
– Ability, with training, to use PC-based applications such as the Intranet, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Oracle to view assembly and test instructions and to create the work records described above.
– Communicate the theory of operation for systems under test
– Ability to accurately calculate and use fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions in practical situations.
– Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
– Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing people’s lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously.
The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com.