Inside Machinist Journeyperson-0803
NSC Technologies is currently hiring Inside Machinist for a project in Norfolk Virginia Area. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of have 3-5 years’ experience as a Inside Machinist.
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. We are experts in creating custom staffing solutions that fit the needs of any size business. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success.Essential Job Functions
- This position is responsible for performing a variety of assembly and machining processes in a shop environment.
- This is a highly skilled position responsible for carrying out repairs, modifications, and manufacturing new parts as it relates to ship repair and modernization.
- Work includes small and large assembly, machining of steel, alloys and ship assemblies to blueprint specifications using conventional lathes, mills, VTL's, HBM's, grinders, as well as programmable machines. Inside machinists require precision layout, measuring and mathematic skills to calculate dimensions and tolerances.
- The position is also responsible for disassembling, assembling, testing and inspecting components for function and precision to ensure proper performance.
- Familiarity with ship repair terminology and compartment location is desirable.
The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
1. Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Must have general understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
3. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must be able to write comprehensive Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the parts and assemblies being worked and recommendations for repair.
5. Must be able to work from Process Control Procedures (PCP).
6. Must be able to use precision measurement tools.
7. Must be able to use conventional lathes, mills, VTL, HBMs, and grinders.
8. Must be able to use programmable machines.
9. Must be able to interpret drawings, sketches, tech manuals, and user manuals to the extent necessary to repair equipment or manufacture parts.
10. Must understand applicable NAVSEA standard items.
11. Must be able to accomplish onboard valve repairs.
12. Must have an understanding of Lock-out / Tag-out procedures.
13. Must be able to set up and machine onboard.
14. Must be able to use optics and Theodolite equipment, for in-place line boring.
15. Must be able to line bore holding tight tolerances.
16. Must be able to provide direction to Improvers and Helpers.
17. Must understand the proper and safe use and operation of the hand and power tools required to accomplish the work.
18. Must have highly developed Math skills. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system and the metric system.
19. Six (6) years of inside machinist experience. Some experience in the ship repair environment is highly desirable
NSC Technologies offers
- Competitive pay
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Long term job opportunities
- Referral bonus if you qualify
- OSHA Training
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D