General Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Electronics and General Maintenance
Job location: Casa Grande, AZ
Responsible for repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment systems and programmable logic controls on the Production Equipment. Perform a variety of Production Equipment Maintenance. Backup other maintenance personnel on projects as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform maintenance and repairs involving some of the following: Observes functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards, problems and the need for service repair and or replacement of electrical system and mechanical components. ARC and MIG Welding fabrications work on production equipment in the facility.
- Troubleshoot diagnose and repair mechanical/electrical system problems such as electrical circuits, controls, motor starters, proximity switches, photo-eyes, and PLCs I/O system, contactor, and relay-base, using root cause analysis principles and taking corrective action to repairing or replacing electrical and mechanical component.
- Debug, and repair production equipment 480-3 phase and DC 24 voltage system, AC/DC circuit, frequency drives, load cells, power distribution, overhead cranes, induction motor, and other machine control components, as quickly and safely as possible to ensure minimal production down time on manufacturing equipment.
- Responsible for equipment installations, retrofits and upgrades on electrical and mechanical system.
- Set up and operate a range of machine tools and equipment to make sure repairs are done safety and efficiently, Responsibility for maintaining department tools and equipment in the maintenance shop and facility.
- Identify and troubleshoot sources of mechanical failure. Make recommendations and report problems to immediate Supervisor for future improvements on building and or equipment in the manufacturing facility
- Maintain neat and orderly inventory of equipment spare parts, i.e. busses, controls, switches etc.
- Follow preventive maintenance schedule for equipment. Keep neat and accurate repair records and other department information such as walk-throughs and daily inspection on manufacturing equipment in the plant.
- Follow standard operating procedures for preventative maintenance and predictive production equipment.
- Position is responsible for building and grounds property up keeping and maintenance personnel.
- Maintain clean, neat and orderly work areas to unsure safety and 5s is meet in the facility and maintenance shop.
- Travel occasionally from plant to plant will be required for maintenance technician on all shifts.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures, and protocol including safety is meet and quality is assured.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Requires completion of an Electrical Technician certification program, and hands on experience for a Minimum of five year experience.
- Certificate in Equipment Maintenance from technical school; or two years related experience and/or Training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to operate company vehicle and mobile equipment Forklift, Reach Fork, scissor lift etc.
- Must have basic welding fabrications skills with ACR, MIG and TIG.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skill for electro-mechanical and building maintenance.
- Must have basic Computer/PLC troubleshooting skills understanding of ladder logic is helpful.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings/schematics for plant equipment.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence with company guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Also basic measuring tools.
- Must have basic computer skills using Windows and Microsoft Office.