Forklift / Clamp Operators
Clamp / Forklift Operators Job Description:
Operates differing sizes of forklifts and other company equipment in a safe manner to stack and retrieve supplies and materials while maintaining inventory and ensuring production area organization and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lifts stacks un-stacks and moves materials using diesel electric or gas powered trucks equipped with fork or clamp attachments.
- Ensures goods are stored in the correct area for efficient retrieval.
- Loads and unloads transport vehicles.
- May perform variety of manual duties including lashing and shoring cargo aboard ship attaching slings hooks or other lifting devices to winch for loading or unloading and signaling other workers to move, raise or lower cargo. May direct activities of cargo gang or less experienced stevedores.
- Keeps a record of daily operations.
- Performs quality checking responsibilities as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Can pass written and equipment operation forklift certification test. Basic knowledge area’s include: Safety Procedures; Truck Inspections; Storage and Exchange Points; Counterbalance Effect; Stability Triangle; Center of Gravity; Equipment Terminology; Attachments, Load centers; Battery Inspection; and Material handling including loading and de-stacking, unloading and stacking of counterbalance, traveling, Ramps, Trailers and parking.
- Ability to work overtime during the week or on weekends
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills ability to communicate with diverse personalities
- Resourceful, well organized and dependable.
- High School or Equivalent
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) badge is required.
- Verbal comprehension
Understand oral and written communications, both general and technical.
- Communication skills
Provide clear instructions/directions.
- Reasoning skills
Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Time Management
Values time and manages time effectively. Effectively prioritizes and can manage a broad range of activities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Required to lift up to 60lbs on an intermittent basis. The employee is frequently required to sit with alternate standing. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to outside weather conditions or a covered warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ANTICIPATED PERCENT OF TRAVEL:
Safety is the cornerstone value in our Company. Our employees are expected to live our values on the job in how we work, how we act, and how we create value. Safety is a personal responsibility. We are professionals and our activities must reflect that professionalism. Each team member must demonstrate safety advocacy every day – regardless of their role in the Company. Compliance with safety and operating rules is required and essential to our own safety and that of others.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: email@example.com
CALL OUR OFFICE (904)372-0314
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.