ULGStaffing a subsidiary of NSC has immediate openings for Shipyard Firewatch Laborers in Bremerton WA.
Firewatch / Handy Helpers are responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications safely, with the highest quality, in a professional manner. Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of the job.
- Minimum of 90 days of previously related experience
- Must be able to gain access to all work locations in the Bremerton/Everett WA area, including government and private shipyards and/or vessels
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Works well with others
- Good Housekeeping skills
- Work well with others
- Assure that tank/compartment has an updated Marine Chemist Certificate or Competent Person Ticket and the requirements of the ticket have been met
- Assure that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written.
- Assure that tank/compartment has Hot Work Chit posted with the correct location number and proper signatures.
- Assure you check for combustible material within 35 ft. of hot work in either the horizontal or vertical direction. If it cannot be removed, it should be protected with flame proof covers or otherwise shielded with metal
- Assure that personal protective equipment is worn on the job site at all times.
- Assure that you are properly positioned per Hot Work Operator's instructions.
- Assure that you establish communication procedures with Hot Work Operator to start and stop hot work in case of fire or if an emergency occurs.
- Assure that fire extinguishers are fully operational and within reach while hot work is in progress.
- Assure that you have a clear view and immediate access to all areas associated with hot work operations.
- Assure that you do not leave your station without notifying Hot Work Operator while hot work is in progress.
- Assure that you observe 30 minute cool down after completion of hot work.
- Assure that you attempt to extinguish the fire during incipient stage, notify your Hot Work Operator, and if unable to extinguish the fire, to evacuate the space and notify the OOD on the quarter deck.
- Assure that you maintain a clean work area to maximize the fire protection efforts.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.