Fire Watch / Helper Job Description:
Performs duties at the discretion of lead worker. Duties include supplying or holding materials or tools; cleaning work area and equipment. Provides fire prevention activities for hot work operations
- Ensure work area is free of slip or trip hazards.
- Inspects and arranges temporary lighting for acceptable illumination for work task.
- Provides unskilled help to tradesperson in accomplishment of task.
- Moves material and equipment necessary to fulfill job requirements.
- Performs fire prevention activities during hot work operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements as directed by management.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must possess certification as a fire watch in accordance to Standard Item 009-07.
- Must have an understanding of typical vessel layout.
- Able to properly lift, carry and place material and equipment up to fifty (50) pounds as instructed.
- Perform housekeeping activities before, during and after the work task is completed.
- Perform work with basic hand tools such as grinder, sander or needle gun.
- Ability to communicate clearly issues involving assigned work task.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Workers in this position must have the ability to properly wear required personal protective equipment, when needed, i.e., hard hat, safety glasses, safety-toe shoes, respirator, hearing protection and hand protection in order to protect themselves for health and physical hazards that cannot be eliminated through either engineering or administrative controls.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.