Engineer Electrical 2 – DOD Clearance Required
NSC Technologies is hiring an Engineer Electrical 2 – DOD Clearance Required Newport News, VA. The ideal candidate must have four-six years of experience.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Experience with Medium or High Voltage Power.
- Experience with programming (PLCs, relays, microcontrollers, etc.).
- Experience writing highly detailed and technical letters, papers, or reports associated with electrical engineering topics.
- This position requires frequent interaction with government representatives, naval personnel, and various engineering and technical experts.
- Design, implement and improve electrical equipment, facilities, components, and systems on naval vessels. This includes switchgear, transformers, and power distribution from 15 KV down.
- Review and recommend designs and specifications in support of current and future projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain standards and specifications for electrical equipment.
- Ability to develop solutions to equipment performance issues as the cognizant engineer.
- Ability to troubleshoot software/hardware issues
- Experience with design/operations of electrical transmission, distribution, or generation
- Experience with PLC programming
- Ability to read, analyze and design electrical schematics
- Ability to write technical documents clearly and accurately
- Experience writing white papers and industry publications
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative
- Shipboard experience in operation and maintenance of Navy Systems
- Demonstrated the ability to come up to speed quickly on a new project and balance multiple tasks
- Strong technical experience with coordinating electrical engineering and design activities.
3 Years with Bachelors’s, 1 Year with Masters’s, Bachelor’s Degree, and three years of experience. Master’s Degree and one year of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. Eight years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. Equivalency: Bachelor’s Degree and three years of experience. Master’s Degree and one year of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. Eight years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree
NSC is an innovative staffing firm specializing in placing qualified, skilled, technical, and professional talent in virtually any market. We are experts in creating custom staffing solutions that fit the needs of any size business. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success.
NSC Technologies offers:
- Competitive pay
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Long term job opportunities
- Referral bonus if you qualify
- OSHA Training
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long-term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States. Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com.
NSC Technologies is a drug-free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D