Energy Settlement Analyst
Job Title: Energy Settlement Analyst – Lead
Job Salary: $85-100k
Lead Energy Settlements Analyst:
- Top-level individual contributor, considered a subject matter expert.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations for ACC, FERC, DOE, SEC and the rate making requirements for the ACC and FERC.
- Leads several complex projects at the same time, assists others on complex projects and independently delivers projects to successful completion.
- Applies extensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures to handle complex tasks and provides guidance to others.
- Demonstrates a creative approach to problem solving in a dynamic environment.
- Responsible for review and sign-off of work of other analysts and completed projects.
- Understands the end result and can work backwards to identify and implement needed processes to achieve desired results.
- Ensures that resources are available and channeled to produce the planned deliverables on time, including assignments of team members based on priorities and project requirements.
- Readily communicates the status of specific projects, programs, or on-going work.
- Acts as source for training for other analysts.
- Works with Metering Department to resolve issues with meter data
- Acts as point person for day-to-day activity in energy markets by interacting with other departments and monitoring new standards and procedures
Responsibilities of the Energy Settlements group include accounting for transmission and wholesale energy purchases and sales made bilaterally and within an energy market, overseeing the AP/AR function for these transactions, preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and financial statement analysis associated with these activities, analysis of market performance on a daily basis, and reporting these transactions to regulatory agencies. Additional duties include monetizing and tracking of transactions, evaluating billing terms included in potential contracts and serving as the subject-matter expert for all settlements functions within the energy market. The Energy Settlements department serves as a critical link between the operating areas within the Energy and the Finance and Accounting functions to translate operational data into meaningful financial data.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with others to achieve common objectives, have strong analytical skills, and possess a questioning mind. The successful candidate will be expected to become an expert in settling market transactions and performing analysis while acting as a resource to other departments within the Company.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT, Tom Cassell, Recruiter
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.