CNC Machine Operator
Responsible for operating CNC equipment on a production basis and machine quality parts meeting or exceeding the rate established by process engineering. Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
- Required to work a company schedule determined by the company but may be changed by supervisor based on needs of the business.
- Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advance notification and approval by supervisor.
- Hourly: Generally scheduled for 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the business.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of CNC equipment operations.
- Understand basic engineering drawings.
- Follow Quality System procedures and maintain records as job is running.
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, gages, and fixtures.
- Responsible for creating procedures, adapting and following the duties as described in the Quality Systems Procedure Manual.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds; Hoists are available.
- Understanding of FOD (Foreign Object Detection) in relationship to product safety.
- Applicant must possess a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Applicants may be rejected if an interview or background check reveals that the applicant has been convicted of a felony or offense against property such as receipt of stolen property, larceny, embezzlement, burglary or similar convictions.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical/drug test.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detailed Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Self-motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.