CNC Laser Operator
Job Title: CNC Laser Operator Setter
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Company Summary: Manufacturing of Polymer Products
The CNC Laser Machine Operator will safely operate the Laser machine to produce quality products.
- Set up, operate and maintain CNC laser to produce parts using setup instructions, shop package and prints
- Load laser program on the computer and modifies them, as needed, to optimize performance and part yield.
- Enter machine settings for laser cutting operation to insure correct lens, nozzle, assist gases and laser head are in place.
- Observes levels of assist gases and change tanks as required.
- Operate machine, load and unload parts following machine cycle, check work for required operations and specifications and place finished parts on skid.
- Inspects and measures completed production units to identify defects caused by equipment setup.
- Monitor machine for proper operation, clean fume extractor and shuttle table as necessary.
- Notify Group Leader/Maintenance technician of unusual machine or material problems.
- Maintain record of laser head, gases & necessary items to run machine. Notify team lead to order more tools to maintain the inventory.
- Produces the required quantity of parts within established time, specifications and tolerances.
- Measures finished parts with tape measure and fixtures, ensuring compliance with function, quality, and cosmetic specifications.
- Maintains logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces.
- Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure proper setup and alignment; performs basic and routine adjustments and maintenance.
- Must be able to use a hand held or belt grinder to deburr parts while machine is running.
- Must be able to read blue prints, read a tape measure (both imperial, and metric), Vernier calipers.
- Reports time and material used on each job daily.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree OR completion of related apprenticeship program preferred.
- At least one year of related experience required.
- Completion of on-the-job training may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Basic programming knowledge; G Code
Staff Matters PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement