Civil Engineering Temps
Job Title: Engineering Support – Temporary
Job location: Casa Grande, AZ
The Civil Engineering Support will provide technical product assistance and design assistance for our office and to external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Provide technical support: Help identify the best product solution for particular projects; advise on installation recommendations and procedures; provide hydraulic information and advice; provide help solving on-site problems.
· Manage the computerized drafting system. Maintain Technical Services Information database; workstation organization, supply requirements, and file maintenance. Identify areas of improvement and discuss with Department Manager.
· Provide design services i.e. layout drawings, part lists and shop drawings for individual projects. Provide a materials list for customer service of the distributors. Act as a “Project Coordinator” on major projects; responsible for gathering, verifying and communicating information on these projects to the appropriate personnel.
· Provides technical support; provides recommendations on product selection, proper installation procedures, makes calculations, customized design drawings and provides assistance when solving on-site problems.
· Collaborates with product competency centers to develop ongoing operational plans, developing an understanding of product line and serves as an expert of niche product in assigned market
· Works closely with Inside Sales Representatives and Area Sales Managers to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
· Performs field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues
· Applies technical and product expertise when addressing customer concerns or need
· Comply with Company policies and procedures
Attention to Detail.
Education and/or Experience
· Four year degree in Civil Engineering candidate, or an equivalent degree.
· Minimum of two years completed engineering courses.
· Experience in hydraulics or subsurface detention a plus.·
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
· Ability to write technical correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of hydraulics and/or subsurface detention.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Solid understanding of engineering principles
· Proficient use of AutoCAD 2015 or higher
· Proficient use of Adobe Acrobat Pro
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints
· Good organizational skills required
· Proficient in MS Office Products
· Proficient use of databases
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical or governmental procedures.