Civil Engineering Technologist
Job Title: Civil Engineering Technologist
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Company Summary: Manufacturing of Polymer Products
The Civil Engineering Technologist will provide technical product assistance and design assistance for our company and our external customers.
- Provide technical support: Help identify the best product solution for particular projects; advise on installation recommendations and procedures; provide hydraulic information and advice; provide help solving on-site problems; visit problem sites as necessary.
- Manage the computerized drafting system. Maintain Technical Services Information database; workstation organization, supply requirements, and file maintenance. Identify areas of improvement and discuss with Department Manager.
- Provide design services i.e. layout drawings, part lists and shop drawings for individual projects. Provide a materials list for customer service of the distributors. Act as a “Project Coordinator” on major projects; responsible for gathering, verifying and communicating information on these projects to the appropriate personnel.
- Provides technical support; provides recommendations on product selection, proper installation procedures, makes calculations, customized design drawings and provides assistance when solving on-site problems.
- Visits customer sites when necessary.
- Collaborates with product competency centers to develop ongoing operational plans, developing an understanding of product line and serves as an expert of niche product in assigned market
- Works closely with Inside Sales Representatives and Area Sales Managers to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Elicits customer feedback to help guide future product and service direction
- Performs field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues
- Applies technical and product expertise when addressing customer concerns or need
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Four year degree in Civil Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides similar knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Minimum of two years related experience.
- Experience in hydraulics or subsurface detention preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience interpreting product design, layouts and basic drafting room practices. Knowledge of AutoCAD or similar systems.
- Experience with HydroCAD is a plus, not required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Ability to write technical correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of hydraulics and/or subsurface detention.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Solid understanding of engineering principles
- Proficient use of AutoCAD 2015 or higher
- Proficient use of Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Good organizational skills required
- Proficient in MS Office Products
- Proficient use of databases Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical or governmental procedures.
Staff Matters PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement