CAD Drafter Designer
Job Title: CAD Drafter/Designer
Currently seeking a CAD Drafter/Designer to work in the Substation Department in our Tucson office located in Tucson, Arizona. Hybrid schedule available. Working in-person one day a week at our downtown office is required. More days a week may be required during training. The successful candidate will assist in drafting of engineering drawings. Work independently under the direction of a substation designer and/or engineer. Plans own work within allotted budget and schedules.
The position entails drafting and design opportunities on substation projects that include physical and civil layout drawings as well as schematics and wiring diagrams.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for learning, understanding, and implementing CAD knowledge; learning client standards, practices, and procedures to ensure that work produced conforms to the client's standards and expectations; being responsible for knowing and following our standards, procedures, and processes; collaborating on design issues; and seeking guidance from those with more experience.
- Associates/technical degree in an accredited drafting program, or sufficient industry experience.
- The candidate must have strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills
- Double check red lines.
- Excellent attention to detail, high level of accuracy and ability to QC your own work
- Handled multiple assignments concurrently, adjusting shifting priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- 3+ years drafting experience with AutoCAD and in an engineering work environment.
- Drafted and designed for electric utility, electrical distribution design, engineering design, or construction work using CAD.
- Experience in drafting as-builds
- Knowledge of substation electrical schematics and wiring diagrams, and/or substation physical/civil drawings preferred but not required
- Experience with Autodesk Raster Design
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Vault Professional preferred but not required
- Experience in 3D
- Experience working with scaled drawings.
- Reviewed rough sketches, drawings specifications, and creating conceptual drawings in computer aided design software.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT, Tom Cassell, Recruiter
email@example.com – 520.918.0227
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.