Brush and Roll Painters
ULGStaffing a subsidiary of NSC has immediate openings for Shipyard Brush and Roll Painters in Bremerton WA.
The painter/lagger is responsible for the correct and total application of power tool cleaning, brush and roll painting, striping, paint mixing, assisting and mechanics with other basic marine preservation duties. The painter/lagger installs insulating material to shipboard equipment and components, bulkheads, ventilation ducting, piping and overhead of ship structure. Wires pre-formed fiberglass and calcium silicate pipe covering. Trowels mastic or cement on fiberglass cloth. Fits thermos-block insulation to boiler drums, evaporators and steam turbines. Wires insulation on machinery and provides wire netting for retention and covers. Measures sizes and fabricates portable pads using heavy cloth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Brush and roll painting for various applications
- Applying the Stripe Coat for paint applications
- Assisting with Rigging and containment
- Understanding the Equipment operation (Various)
- Have experience with marine preparation and coatings application
- NBPI certification preferred.
- Must have reliable record of attendance and punctuality and be available for overtime as required.
- Must be able to physically transit all areas of the facility and the drydock.
- Must be able to spend up to 90% of time in an outdoor shipyard environment in all climates.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects or controls, and to talk and hear.
- Must have good eye/hand coordination.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Must be familiar with working in a naval-ship-work-environment and be able to go aboard marine vessels and the drydock, climb ladders, work in tanks and confined spaces, and wear personal protective equipment. These areas can be dirty, dusty, hot or cold, and noisy.
- Must be able to access all work locations, including government and private shipyards and/or vessels.
- Regular, reliable onsite attendance is an essential function of this job.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Typically has a high school diploma or equivalent along with a minimum of 3 years directly-related experience. Knowledge of ship repair processes and procedures preferred. Must be able to obtain OSHA10 Hour Safety Certification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working for a marine coating company performing marine preparation and coatings application (or equivalent U.S. Navy training and experience) is preferred.
- Must be able to gain access to government facilities
- Must be willing to travel and work away from the home office for periods of time
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to work aboard vessels, climb ladders, and work in tanks and confined spaces
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment – including a respirator
- Must be able to climb vertical ladders and scaffolding, and work at heights. Must be physically able to commute to various areas of shipyard. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to dust, welding/burning fumes, and smoke. The noise level is usually moderate to extremely noisy, which may include sirens, horns, chipping, and hammering.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.