ULG Staffing a subsidiary of NSC has openings for on vessel Baader Technicians. These positions are Direct Hire roles, and will be at sea, on vessel, for three months at a time, with a month off upon return to shore.
An ideal candidate for this position rebuilds, repairs, assembles and maintains Baader fish filleting machine, Baader fish trimming and scaling machine and/or Baader fish skinning machine by performing the following Essential Functions:
1. Repairs and maintains the Baader electrical systems (includes angle encoder, clock generator, proximity switches, limit switches, step motor and controller).
2. Repairs and maintains the mechanical systems of fish filleting machines (includes chain drives, bearings, belt drives, pulleys, back guides, bone guides, step motor belts, gearboxes).
3. Trains Baader Machine operating crews in safe and efficient procedures.
4. Ensures adequate inventory at all times by tracking the supply of machine replacement parts and placing requisitions as necessary.
5. Determines appropriate machine adjustments by communicating with Quality Control regarding product specifications.
6. Sets and adjusts the machine’s guides, knives, spike chains and sliding blocks in accordance with operational specifications and safety procedures.
7. Completes product recovery tests as necessary making machine adjustments to ensure the desired conversion factors and yield ratios are successfully achieved.
8. Makes adjustments to ensure that the desired conversion factors and yield ratios are being successfully achieved.
9. Tests the machines to verify step motors and tooling are set up and running properly.
10. Completes related maintenance documentation which may include machine log books, work orders, test reports, part inventories and part orders.
11. Understand and able to implement safe work procedures.
12. Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Organizational Core Competencies:
**Customer Focus: Builds customer confidence by ensuring expectations and commitments are met. Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationship with internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind and values the importance of providing high-quality customer service.
**Integrity & Trust: Sets an example by consistently modeling high standards of honesty and integrity. Is widely trusted and is seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents information in an appropriate and helpful manner. Maintains a reputation for honesty, confidentiality, reliability and fairness. Is willing to admit mistakes and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
**Getting Results ("Can Do" Spirit): Performs work with energy and drive; values planning, but will take quick, decisive action when an opportunity presents itself.
**Creativity & Innovation: Injects originality into daily work and generates many new and unique ideas. Thinks "outside the box" and is seen as original and value-added in brainstorming ideas. Creates competitive and breakthrough solutions.
**Collaboration: Collaborates positively to achieve team and company objectives. Works effectively within a diverse environment and builds strong relationships that helps and supports fellow employees in contributing to the overall success of the company.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
**Baader Certificate or equivalent training and experience.
**Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
**Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
**Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
**Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to potentially extreme outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
**While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
**The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
**The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
**Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
**Vessel-specific duties, if applicable, include being capable of boarding and departing the vessel without assistance by walking up or climbing a gangplank, stern ramp and/or a vertical ladder. Must also be able to board/exit from a dock, skiff, or a boat.
**Must be capable of donning an immersion suit in one minute or less without assistance.
**Must be capable of working long and variable work shifts for extended periods of time. Shifts may range from 4 – 18 hours, but are typically 12 to 14 hours (with breaks). The length varies depending on project demands and travel requirements.
**While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills.
**The employee is frequently required to use decision making skills.
**The employee is occasionally required to use interpersonal, customer service, mentoring, problem analysis, training and supervision skills.
**The employee will occasionally be required to exercise independent judgment, and use discretion.