1st Shift CNC Turret Operator
Job Title: CNC Turret Operator
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Company Summary: Manufacturing of Polymer Products
This position requires welding of various metals and alloys such as aluminum, and stainless steel. Important the welder is proficient in jig and fixture design and fabrication.
- Plan new setups, call up proper program, check setup sheet with turret station board to determine tool placement needed to perform operations such as punching, embossing, notching, forming and shearing.
- Load tools in tool holders and index as indicated in tool sheet.
- Input program and set material holders in proper position on table.
- Run sample part and check dimensions and operations performed against print and adjust tool positions or replace tools as necessary.
- Operate machine, load and unload parts following machine cycle, check work for required operations and specifications and place finished parts on skid.
- Inspects and measures completed production units to identify defects caused by equipment setup.
- Monitor machine for proper operation, add oil to reservoir and replace tools as necessary.
- Notify Group Leader/Maintenance technician of unusual machine or material problems.
- Grind punch/dies on a manual grinder and maintain record of tool/die inventory. Notify team lead to order more tools to maintain the inventory.
- Produces the required quantity of parts within established time, specifications and tolerances.
- Measures finished parts with tape measure and fixtures, ensuring compliance with function, quality, and cosmetic specifications.
- Maintains logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces.
- Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure proper setup and alignment; performs basic and routine adjustments and maintenance.
- Must be able to use a hand held or belt grinder to deburr parts while machine is running.
- Must be able to read blue prints, read a tape measure (both imperial, and metric).
- Reports time and material used on each job daily.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree OR completion of related apprenticeship program preferred.
- At least one year of related experience required.
- Completion of on-the-job training may be substituted for educational requirements.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to follow directions and work well in a team.
- Ability to interpret and translate engineering designs and documentation.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable OSHA and environmental regulations.
- Good communication skills relative to supervisor and other related departments must read and write in English in order to fill out daily reports.
Staff Matters PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement