With many misconceptions about staffing agencies, you may have doubts about the benefits of working with one, especially when it comes to different trade skills. However, a staffing company’s benefits are vast, and they often are the perfect solution for someone looking for a new role, especially in a trade industry like marine construction and repair, commercial construction, light industrial, skilled trades, manufacturing, etc.
But when it comes to working with a staffing agency, there can be many myths to bust.
- Candidates only get entry-level work, not real-world experience: FALSE
- Recruiters can’t tell me anything new about my industry I don’t already know: FALSE
- Staffing companies don’t have any job opportunities that aren’t already posted online: FALSE
With a lot of misconceptions floating around, the job search can be overwhelming enough without the idea of adding a third-party recruiter into the mix. But, here is a breakdown of the top three advantages you can expect when working with a staffing company:
- It’s a free (yes, FREE!) resource and often has unlisted, confidential opportunities. Staffing companies have access to a network of companies hiring, which often includes positions that may not be posted online or are confidential. By partnering with a recruiter, you have easy access to various employers and the advantage of access to jobs no one else does. Plus, it’s completely free for candidates, so there is no risk involved.
- Staffing agencies have unique insights into a role and company and prime you before an interview—from potential interview questions to polishing your resume. Recruiters have a goal to ensure they offer their clients highly qualified, skilled talent. Because of this, they often know the key traits and qualifications that the employer is looking for culturally and can encourage you to showcase those so they’re front and center during the interview. Take advantage of their assistance when it comes to their feedback for interviews or on your resume to help to put your best foot forward.
- Quicker interview process, so you get hired faster and more real-world experience. By working with a recruiter and going through the staffing agency’s qualification process, you are already through one, often rigorous, component of the interview process. Employers that partner with staffing companies typically have vacant roles that they want to fill—and fast—so interviewing and hiring will go quicker than job searching on your own so you can get out there and gain real-life experience that will continue to boost your resume—and your career trajectory.
If the thought of working with a staffing agency seems daunting, I encourage you to reach out to one of our responsive recruiters who can help walk you through our hiring process. We have thousands of open job orders from coast to coast and can work with you to match your skill set with one of our phenomenal clients.